It’s that time of year again, Fall. It’s football season, it’s the start of school and all the activities, and all the fall festivals and time to rake leaves and pick out halloween costumes…and that question “What’s for dinner?” is always there! Here is a really simple and very healthy and flavorful recipe.
Zucchini and Black Beans over Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini, quartered and sliced (1 large zucchini or 2 small)
- 1/2 a Green Bell Pepper (or whatever color you have), diced
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- 1 cup Quinoa
Combine 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the water is absorbed about 10 – 15 minutes. Meanwhile…Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the zucchini and peppers. Cook for about 8 minutes.