This is a weird recipe, even the name is strange. There is no caviar in this recipe, there is no fish in this recipe and well, you don’t have to be in or from Texas to enjoy this tasty dip!
I knew I wanted to serve black-eyed peas at our New Years Celebration, and I also wanted something that we could munch on all night long, too. So here it is even though it sounds weird and even looks a little weird, but this is a seriously tasty dip that will leave you and your guests going back for more and more and then just a little more!
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (or 2 Fresh Tomatoes, diced)
- 8 oz Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 Can Black Eyed Peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, chopped (you can add as much or as little as you like)